Nuffnang 1

Thursday 15 September 2011

Product Review: Dove Foaming Make Up Remover

A while ago I've won a Dove Foaming Make Up Remover from Dove Remove Me competition being one of first one hundred entrants. My prize is a very generous full size product!

My new love of make up remover!


What Dove Said

Alarmingly, nearly 75% of women will sleep with their make up on at least once a week, even though most of us know it’s bad for our skin. The reason? It’s a hassle to remove and we can’t be bothered. As a result, we suffer through rough skin, stinging eyes and even make-up stains on our pillows. That’s why we invented our new super-easy-to-use Foaming Make Up Remover to use as part of our 3-step skincare routine.

Step 1: Simply squeeze three pumps of Foaming Make Up Remover into your hand and apply to your face (dry or wet) to remove the heaviest make up.

Step 2: Wash with a gentle moisturizing face cleanser, such as Dove Beauty Moisture Facial Cleanser, to remove traces of dirt and restore your skin’s moisture balance.

Step 3: Moisturise after washing, with a lotion or cream, to help prevent future dryness and allow your skin to regenerate and recover while you rest.


My experience

When I first pumped the remover I was surprised with the generous amount of foam on my palm but I continued with another 2 pumps as per direction. Then I apply the foam onto my dry skin, gently massage my face thoroughly with extra attention to my eye make up area just to make sure I take the eyeliner and mascara off completely. When the foam start drying up a bit, I’ve added a bit of water to foam it up a bit more. Once I feel the make up should be all dissolved by the cleanser, I rinse my face with water. Oh la la, I can't believe how great this remover is! It washed all my make up off. My skin does not feel dry at all and there is a hint of mild scent left on my skin.

Although this remover has done a great job removing my make up, I still continue with my normal double cleanse routine. Yes I wash my face twice as I learned from Dermalogica workshop. First wash to remove any make up or dirts. Second wash to cleanse the skin and remove any remaining dirts or excess oil. Trust me, your skin will be properly cleansed and ready for moisturising products after the double cleanse!

What I Like

I like how easy to use it is, hassle free, pump straight out of the bottle and you get the perfect consistent foam every single time!
This remover is gentle and mild to the skin, yet it does a great job on removing make up including eyeliner and mascara!
Retail price $10.99 for a bottle of 155ml is just such a good price. Definitely worth your investment!
What I Dislike
Honestly this is so tough for me to think of one thing I don't like about this make up remover as I really like it! Only thing is just the foam tend to dry up after 1-2 minutes of massaging. It would have been nice if that does not happen. But I'm fine with just adding some water to foam it back up again!
What's your favourite make up removal products?
Would you be keen to try this one?
If you'd like to find out more about Dove, their website is www.mydove.com.au.
Dove on Facebook www.facebook.com/dove

No comments:

Post a Comment